Pages

Monday, June 19, 2006

Surprise Snow Machine

The Little White Dress Show was Incredible. And the more I want to say, the less comes out, other than Surprise Snow Machine. A Gorgeous City and Bridge backdrop through dirty broken windows, and a Long Runway. I know I'm always sapping all over the designers I love, but I can't help it! The saddest part is that I didn't take photos, and all I can do is direct you to Pete Springers site.

WWW.PeteSpringer.com

My Pieces were called "Say your Prayers" 1&2.
The First, Kimberly, a knit dress, made with Habu's "Bamboo" laceweight yarn ,and underneath, layers of Rowan's "Kidsilk Haze", Mohair and silk , lace. She wore a knit cloche hat, shaped over a buckram form, with wooden baubles.

Second, Namea, wore a giant eyelet linen sundress, embellished with I-cord organic cotton, and vintage crochet trim. A knit necklace made with organic cotton with wooden baubles, and leather cord. A Brown Organic Cotton Cabled Belt with double buckles. And my favorite! A huge Cream cabled bag with tons of chain, and leather shoulder strap with the word "Precious"
stamped into it.

As far as all of the other Dresses, Hats, and Performances, they were unbelievable. It was an honor to be included in that all-star line up! It was my first attempt at a dress, knit and sewn, and it was humbling! But not discouraging!

No comments: